Cold, dark mornings create a need for a cosy breakfast! Many of us turn to oats... And so we should because they are more sustainable that a lot of things. Aside from sustainability, we all need a bit of extra fuel to get us through these dismal days, so I hope this 2 in 1 recipe post brightens your day! Enjoy Treacle Peacon Pumpkin Oats 2 ways... Porridge or overnight style.
Creates approximately 7 servings
- 3 tsp Bluebird Treacle Sponge
- 3tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 500ml Nut Milk
- 5 Medjool Dates
- 1 Banana
- 300g Pecans
- Rolled Oats (choice amount)
- Optional: Super motivated bakers can start well in advance by soaking pecans in hot water for 4 hours. This makes them softer, and will therefore blend more easily. Don't worry if you don't mind chunks.
- Dates can be wearing on food processors, to soften them, soak in boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Brew tea in a cup full of water.
- Add pecans, dates and half the brewed tea to blender and process until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree, remaining tea and milk.
- Store in fridge for up to a week or freeze in batches.
- Add mixture to oats, give it a good mix and then leave in the fridge over night.
- Serve in the morning plain or with added fruits or nuts. No need to add honey, the dates and banana make the the mixture super sweet!
- Place oats and mixture in a pan on a low heat.
- Gentle stir until warmed through, adding more milk if required.
- Once steaming, serve with added fruits or nuts. No need to add honey, the dates and banana make the the mixture super sweet!
As always, thanks for reading.